This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and the website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
ALS Marketing takes a proactive approach to user privacy and ensures that all necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Submitting your personal information
Whilst using the website or services of ALS Marketing you may be required to provide personal information (e.g. name, address, email address phone number). We require this information to deal with your enquiry and to administer our services. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing contact details, you consent to ALS Marketing contacting you using those methods with regard to your enquiry or services procured. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Why we collect data
We require certain contact details and information about your business in order to communicate with you about your enquiry and the services we supply you.
How we collect information
ALS Marketing collects information in two ways:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”). When you communicate directly with us, you choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by emailing or calling us or completing a contact form. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
2. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”). Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from those other services. For example, this can be via social media, Forest Traders, any other site where you can send us a message or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
What we do to protect data
All data sent through our website is encrypted via SSL and the website is password protected. All email contact is protected and secure.
How we use your data
We handle all of our clients’ and prospective clients’ data in a secure manner. ALS Marketing will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out any forms on the site or providing your information to us for any reason, to anyone. We do not use your data for marketing purposes and do not send newsletters or other marketing emails. We may contact you in regard to the services we have provided/services we manage for you such as updates, upgrades, maintenance, follow up services or to provide other relevant content.
How long we keep your data for
ALS Marketing will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold on to the information you provide either as is needed in order to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. For more information about cookies please see the ICO website here.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
• You can verify the details you have submitted to ALS Marketing by contacting our customer services team. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
• You can also contact us to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by ALS Marketing at any time. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
• You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.