We managed the marketing for Visit Dean Wye, the Destination Management Organisation for the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley for four years (from 2018-2022) and achieved exponential growth across all digital platforms for the fledgling brand, raising it from a hidden gem to a contender in the UK tourism market.
- Strategy and planning
- Branding and messaging
- Social media management
- Campaign management
- Website management
- Content creation
- Email marketing (B2C and B2B)
- PR and influencer campaigns
- Reporting and data
We achieved over 200% follower growth, 450% reach growth and 1500% engagement growth on Facebook and Instagram in 12 months on a one day per week package. We achieved over 300% follower growth on Facebook and 580% on Instagram in three years leaving them with 26k followers on Facebook and 10.1k followers on Instagram in 2022.
- My Forest of Dean – A digital campaign aiming to raise the profile of the area to those in the south west of England following the removal of the Severn Bridge tolls in 2019. Included new video and photo, influencer visits, social media (reach of almost 250,000), PR and advertising.
- Leaf Peeping – The UK’s first guide to leaf peeping including a driving route and top ten ‘leaf peeping’ locations. Our social media campaign was nominated for a TravMedia Award in 2020.
- Find Your Freedom – A £35k campaign which resulted in six short films, five new itineraries and a social media advertising campaign. Find out more about it here.
- Film and TV Trail – Building on the area’s film and TV heritage we developed a comprehensive guide to the film and TV locations.
- Escape the Everyday – A Visit Britain campaign to inspire consumers to book a short break by showcasing the breadth of experiences available.
Project management of a new website design and build (by destination specialists Simpleview) which went live in October 2020 featuring all new images and copy and achieving a 47% increase in users in 12 months (350k users): www.visitdeanwye.co.uk.
Strategy and Planning
When we were first invited as one of several agencies to present a new digital marketing strategy for the DMO in 2018 we presented a strategy to the board of directors entitled ‘People, Passion, Purpose, Place’. Although we were up against much bigger agencies, we were hired. We quickly developed, implemented and managed our strategy for growing the DMO which included a significant programme of change covering every aspect of its marketing and left it in the strongest position it has ever been in.
Branding and Messaging
In 2019 we managed a complete rebrand of the organisation. This was a major focal point of our presentation to the board, highlighting the importance of prioritising a professional, consistent and attractive brand presence across all digital platforms. We were then able to develop and implement this, laying a strong foundation for all of our future work.
We utilised storytelling to connect with our client’s audience, immersing them in the captivating narratives of the destination, evoking emotions and bringing to life the magical landscapes. Our passion for the area and understanding of the audience was conveyed in our content creation and brought huge results. Including web content, blog posts, campaigns, social media copy, optimised copy for key sections of the website and press releases.
PR and Influencers
Coordinating and managing press and influencer visits, coverage including a 10-page spread in National Geographic and this online piece.
Photography and Videography
A major part of the role, I took thousands of images and videos for the organisation as well as engaging with local photographers and businesses to source high quality visuals to raise the profile of this stunning area.